News Collection UK CollectionLabel-explanation Collectorbeer-pricelist Beerlink Brewery history Faq Frontsite Mail
The Brewery opened in 1831 as Flower and Sons at Brewery Street. Stratford Upon Avon. It was owned by Edward Fordham Flower 1805-1883.
Acquired by J. W. Green Ltd of Luton in 1954. The name was then changed to Flowers Breweries Ltd. In 1961 became Flowers part of Whitbread. The brewery was closed in 1968. The production was transferred to Whitbread's Cheltenham brewery.
The Flower family gave land to the Shakespeare Memorial Theatre many many years ago.
Flowers brands are now part of Interbrews portfolio.
The first brewer to use the term keg and to promote sales of keg beer was Flowers.